Who turned out the lights?

Did it suddenly turn dark in Bridgewater? It's like we've turned the globe upside down and suddenly it's a dark Alaskan afternoon, gloomy and sad.

But that is not how I feel. Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat. I'm knitting and reading, spending time with my family and my Dad and in relatively good spirits.

Maybe my feelings are due to the fact that I haven't been paying attention to the issues of the day. I haven't been to a board of ed meeting in a month, I haven't even looked at the New York Times that was delivered yesterday and I haven't been checking out the Courier News either. Yes, the economy is still collapsing, there are wars in far away places with lots of death and destruction. And there is a huge pile of laundry needing to be washed... but I'm not stressing about it.

Is this how the happy people normally live?  Blissfully ignorant?

Like any November day in Alaska, there is a storm brewing. It's only a matter of time until my apathy dissolves and I am back in the thick of it again. Frustrated, angry, involved. Until then I'm going to relax and enjoy and knit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...