three days at a time

You're supposed to be taking one day at a time.

I feel like I'm on hyperdrive. Taking three days and cramming them into one.

The last couple of weeks I've been juggling two part time jobs, with chairing a book fair, hosting my father and all that is expected of a SAHM (I just learned this term for "Stay at Home Mom"). It's been a challenge to keep the balls in the air. Some days it is the little things: commuting. Some days we haven't had dinner. Sandwiches for dinner is unusual at the Poppet household. Last Friday I spend 3 hours folding and sorting laundry. It was literally the first chance I had gotten. On Monday I went to bed at 7:45 pm. I had to be on the road by 6:30 am.

With the economy the way it is, I can't be choosy. I'm looking for full-time work, but for the moment, splicing two part time jobs is the best I can do. The irony is that now I've stopped looking for a full time position, which is the goal from taking on new jobs. (That, and paying bills).

I've missed seeing my friends, as I used to do. But I like having people in my life whom I refer to as "colleagues". I enjoy the work - at both jobs. Each have their own individual pros and cons.

Another con? I think I'm losing my mind. I double paid my credit card bill, depleting our checking account. Followed by running all over town to try to get people/organizations NOT to cash my checks. Hasn't worked well enough and today's agenda includes trying to beg for mercy from PNC to reduce some of the fees. I'm sure tomorrow's agenda will include multiple phone calls regarding bounced check fees from various irate recipients of my should-have-been-good-as-gold checks. Oy! (This might have happened if I were at home).

On the upside, it feels good to be earning money. And I don't think prioritizing sleep (so that I can make it through 12 hour workdays - i.e. two six hour gigs) is the worst thing in the world. I've also been taking time to work out at Strength and Honor Fitness. It's a grueling thirty minute workout but the endorphins feel great when I'm done.

That's all the time I have to write today. Who knows how long the ride is to Cranford. I've never done it during rush hour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...