Too close to home

To quote the president "As a country we have been through this too many times"

It was enough to hear about it on the radio - I can't bring myself to see the images yet. Another shooting. Another tragedy where you least expect it. (I just heard that Newtown hadn't had a murder in 10 years).

You'd think these places are safe: a suburban elementary school, an remote island in the middle of a Norwegian fjord, Amish village schools. Shootings shouldn't happen anywhere, but at a school with the youngest students? Abhorrent. Why kill innocent kids? What could a shooter have against them? Or their grieving family.

An entire country is thinking about their children's school, or their own elementary schools.  Searching for answers to unanswerable questions.

So I sit here. I've finished my ginger tea with honey, but I keep dipping a fork into the honey. It could be anywhere, I guess.

Seems almost morally wrong that I'm about to get changed for a Christmas party. I don't feel like wearing a dress and make-up or socializing.

But as with every other of these tragedies, my life will go on as it always has.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...