Mugs


Several years ago my dad gave me something I was completely surprised to get: a set of Christmas serving bowls and dishes. They are beautiful and I use them every year, but I hadn't asked for them.

This year he gave me a set of 8 coffee mugs, a coffee (tea?) pot, creamer and sugar dish to complete the set. They are just as beautiful. What was really funny was his comment: "you should have more company!"

Is he joking???

This year in overnight guests alone (off the top of my head, forgive me if I forgot anyone) we had my brother and sister-in-law, my friend TL and her husband and 2 kids stayed for a week, my mother-in-law and niece were here for 10 days last June, my Dad for the entire month of May, we had 2 families stay with us for labor day weekend (and a promise of 2 more in 2009!!!!!), plus my Dad and my cousin (cousin only stayed for 2 nights in mid- November, Dad is still here). Now my in-laws are just finishing up a 2 week stay.

We also had a large gathering of kids and parents for Halloween, countless sleep overs, I had a small tea, I hosted a partylite/usborne party and I can't remember what else. Lunches for friends, ladies' nights... etc. etc. etc.

I love having company! I love showing guests around NYC, I love nice dinners around our big kitchen table. It always forces me to clean up - which the house always needs. When T goes away, the first thing I do is take out evite for a girls' night.

But that I "should have more company", even said half in jest, gives me heart palpitations!

He must have been joking!

At least...

I hope he was.....

Bookings are already coming in for our "B&B" for 2009. Labor Day weekend is currently reserved. Call early for the best availability. If you come in December you'll get Starbucks Christmas Coffee served in beautiful mugs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...