The Shortest Day of The Year... with the LONGEEEEEEEEEST List


OK - so here it goes... today is the shortest day of the year and as usual I have too many things to do. But let's look at the busy weekend instead of stressing about what return got made and what return got forgotten.... and which gifts I want to get, even though I proclaimed myself as done on Friday.

We finally got snow this weekend. It was one of the only times I couldn't use my favorite expression, "this state doesn't know from snow!"when forecasters predict a lot on our way.


I spent the weekend doing some of my favorite things. N tested for his "high red belt" (1 before black!), then dinner with 2 girl friends, followed by a party, then on Saturday watched C at black belt testing - she didn't test, but was there to be an opponent to others who were. Then I came home, shoveled the driveway - which ended up being a colossal waste of time because it snowed more than I expected through the night - made gingerbread dough, made a great dinner. We watched some TV together and then early to bed. Yesterday my husband blew out the driveway while I shoveled the walk and steps. It was great that I didn't have to nag him, nor did I do it all by myself! Feminism lives on in my suburban division of labor. I usually do this traditionally male job! Then it was my favorite thing....

Making Gingerbread houses with T's boss's family.









Now it's off to finish a few cards and drop some teachers' gifts at school... more returns, more laundry... the seemingly unending list of labor and love!

Tonight: taking N & T sledding and C to have her nails done. It was the only thing I could come up with - since I saw last night at 10pm that I was short an advent calendar gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...