Wednesday in the news

I knew that if I turned on NPR or read a paper I'd be back in the thick of it. I haven't looked at any BRRSD issues this week, but I don't like what I'm seeing in the papers.

First of all - who cares about whether or not Tiger Woods was unfaithful or if he was fighting with his wife about it? Apparently lots of People!

I also don't care about wedding crashers who sneak themselves into the White House. I don't want to know their names (just like I don't want to know the name of the stupid guy with the hot air balloon stunt), or their motives. Isn't sneaking into the White House a felony???? Crashing a wedding with extra good food a the local Marriott is actually just a little ballsy... but as of today I've never done it (we once had a buffet at a restaurant in Spain that apparently was part of an all inclusive breakfast package at a hotel where we weren't staying... oops).

I am not happy about troop escalations in Afghanistan. Not because I dislike Obama, I like him, but because as a pacifist I don't want to promote war ANYWHERE. Put the money to educational programs - even if it means Afghan programs that would never help my kids - instead of war and more war and more war. And, while I'm on the subject, tell me, did YOU notice the irony of a president who is about to receive the world's most prestigious peace prize having a prime time speech to outline sending 30,000 more people to war?

Finally - I just read about the New York State legislature voting down gay marriage  in the New York Times. Not impressed with my home state!!! Not even a little bit.

Should I stick my head back into the ground for another week??

Very tempting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...