Merry Belated Christmas

It's the holidays and time for a break. Christmas Eve the fridge/freezer died. This meant that Christmas morning I woke to lots of food going bad, and a change in plans. It's a  bit too much to expect a new fridge to materialize on Christmas Day (turns out the day after isn't an option either). Like Ralphie's family from A Christmas Story our Christmas Day dinner this year was from a Chinese restaurant - we got take out. Singapore noodles for me... It will definitely be a Christmas Dinner we remember.

Other things I wish I could change: I never got around to sending Christmas cards to everyone on the list. If you didn't get one, please believe the proverbial "it's not you, it's me" because it is true. Finally, my dear brother and his family will have to wait til 2011 to open their gifts, because they still aren't in the mail. I could have sent them something from Amazon to insure on-time delivery, but then they lose something else: the special touch that Amazon just can't deliver.

Like millions of other people throughout the world, Mother Nature has reeked havoc on our plans by throwing a wrench in the weather. Good thing we've always got a plan B. Instead of the expected activity: we went to the movies.

Sometimes it is important to let the kids decide - we saw Jack Black in Gulliver's Travels.

Since this is a Mom's View of the World... I must admit that I would never have chosen this movie for myself. In the spirit of Christmas I didn't pick it. A Mom's life is about what works for others. And, as it turns out, after throwing hundreds of dollars of food out - laughing at the stupid jokes where just what I needed!!!

Whether your are snowed in or enjoying the sun - or maybe unexpected flash flooding has you in a bit of a panic - I hope you are making the most of it.

Best wishes dear readers... TTYL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...