Treading water

I'm just working toward the goal of getting my to do list done so I can finally relax and enjoy my favorite time of year. I just finished a little item: clean out refridge and wash shelves. But I added a new one "bathe Diego" so it is a zero-sum gain. (Washing Diego also adds to the list: extra laundry, clean floor, etc.). Most of the list is semi-done. For example the Christmas cards, are mostly written - 1/2 addressed, 1/4 stamped  Since I've only received a couple, I'm guessing I'm still OK for time. Gifts are on the final push - still no clever ideas for my husband - got two gifties with low levels of pizazz. Any chance I'll finish the sweater by the 25th so I can give that? I cleaned out the garage after my October garage sale.

Blogging is not on the list of must-dos, so I'll step away from the computer. If I don't return it's not because I wouldn't rather be writing. Hope your to dos are not spoiling the spirit of the season (whatever that means to you).

Here's a little anecdote to illustrate the relationship I have with primary 2 of the 3 (the 3rd being N, my son) MEN in my life. My car's rear driver tire has been leaking for several weeks. The car is a leased Acura (file under WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING, WE CAN'T AFFORD THIS!). It goes back in July 2011. The leak is very annoying, since I have been filling air more than once a week. My husband told me not to get it fixed since we a) can't afford a new tire right now and b) it's a lease being returned in "a few" months.  My father is a paranoid pathologist (retired). He gave me the spiel: This car tire could rupture while you are driving 65 miles and hour and you and the children will DIE! (no drama there!).

I took it today to STS on the circle and guess what. For $30 they found a nail in the tire. No puncture. They filled it and I'm hoping that it will last me until July 15th. It never even occurred to me to look for something that simple. Have car looked at: CHECK!

A glass of wine and 5 minutes of quiet in front of the tree may help me get closer to my goal of a listless Christmas. Let's hope a break inspires me to finish. Be well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...