To do, or not to do

I'm using google documents for my new company. Since my partner is sitting in Iceland, it makes it much easier to share files. Rather than sending one file back and forth ad nauseam. Possibly the most important file is a to do list (like a GANT chart). It's in color, but sometimes hard to prioritize. 
Left: Monday/Tues list, Right: the big picture

Google documents on my laptop works pretty well and is environmentally friendly since I don't use as much paper - but sometimes I need a stronger visual to organize things. As you might know - I'm a list maker. So I created an overview to see where I need to focus. The problem is that now I'm feeling a mixture of a nonchalant "No problem" and "OH MY GOD! HOW WILL I EVER DO ALL THIS?!"

The big list is the overall items. Things that need to get done in general (for work, no personal/family items here).

The little list is the "to do Monday & Tuesday" picked by importance from the big list. But even the first two things could take me a week to sort out.

For now, the best thing I can do is turn off the distractions and concentrate on the task at hand. Taxes, finances and my new website. Sales too.

As RW said a few weeks ago. "You're smart. You'll figure it out." 

And so I will. One checked item at a time. It's a new year. Don't be afraid of the challenges you have set for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...