Monday - list day

I have a lot on my plate - who doesn't on this Monday?

List day. Today I look over what needs to "get done" this week. It's always a combination of actual tasks with "other things". Some weeks I'm focused on work. Some weeks I am focused on district issues. Last week I spent a lot of time putting together and organizing my new office. This week I will have to continue clearing out the parts of the house that the new office is supposed to relieve from paperwork, and focus on work.

View from the lift. The snow is fake but the air is fresh.
But it's the "I wants" that I am drawn to now. I don't want to think about the business right now. I don't want to think about the laundry or sorting closets. I don't want to think about groceries. And I definitely don't want to think about taxes. I don't want to bathe the dog.

Yesterday I spent six blissful hours on the slopes of Big Boulder. I didn't mind the slushy conditions brought on by beautifully mild temperatures. While only mildly supervising the kids, I'd ski down the hill and rest on each lift enjoying music and my own thoughts.

But Sunday is over. Monday's challenges are here.

Hopefully I can summon some of yesterday's fresh air and good vibes through out the week. It's supposed to be sunny and in the low 70s several days this week. That sounds like a great place to start seeking motivation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...