Wednesday

Just heard an interesting Webinar about adding volunteerism to your resume. Very interesting stuff. So many of us do professional tasks in our unpaid and/or non-profit ventures and, as I learned, it certainly has a place on the paper used to market yourself.

I've had the chance to try many different things by volunteering, both in and out of the school district. It's also a great way to network and get to know your community. Most of it I never even considered "relevant experience" but of course it is! Last fall I organized a book fair that sold over $11K of books in 6 days.... (organizational skills, managing people, finances and (minor) marketing). That's just one example. I'm sure you have many.

For now, however, the shining sun beckons, and I am about to "get to know my community" in a different way... by going for a long run.

Whatever you do, or where ever you are, if your weather is as nice as in Bridgewater I encourage you to turn off the computer and catch some rays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...