Weekend plans

Friday night rolled around and I was done. Put a fork in me. We've been rushing non-stop and at 9pm yesterday I still had dinner to make (and no turning back - I'd defrosted fish... so it was cook it or lose it. Fried cod on a Saturday night. A poor substitute for Farfar's ("Father's father", my father-in-law) freshly caught delicacy, but I didn't burn it and it didn't fall apart.

Aren't these cool??? Image from  http://www.madeinnorwaynow.no   
It's a beautiful weekend here. Tomorrow is Father's Day and my 17th anniversary.  Can I knit this hat for him? (Just the hat, the sweater would take me a year).

Can I knit anything in this heat? Hmmm....

I've been so stressed out about the contracts. Every day I've been discussing it with people on all sides. Last night as I was preparing dinner, I said to my husband that I was very stressed out about it. His answer:

Why is it your job to fix this? (An echo to his mother's favorite expression, "is that YOUR problem? - No!").

And he is right. I've spoken my peace, tried to reach out and broker the Oslo Accords of Bridgewater and now I can sit back and live my life.

And so I will.

Last night after dinner, we had "Movie Night" with N. He didn't remember seeing the original Back to the Future... and he loved it.

Today's plan: Yard work, gift-knitting and cooking good food (I treated us to a second trip to Hind and Fore - it's not good for the cholesterol, but I couldn't help myself... we're gonna have some beautiful red meat tonight). A great Saturday.

I hope my readers spend the weekend relaxing and happy.

To paraphrase Yoda, "Let go of your hate, Bridgewater Soccer Mom. It only leads to the dark side of the force."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...