Friday tea

I went to college at an "All Women's Institution" which was part Ivy League, part A League of One's Own and full of great expectations and great traditions. We had linen tableclothes during my Freshman and Sophomore years on Thursdays for "family style" and TEA on Fridays. It was heaven. Friday at 4pm we came "home" to the living rooms of the "houses" (God Forbid they call them a dorm!) to tea, cookies, treats and my favorites: chocolate squares with peanut butter. It almost made up for the overachievers everywhere and pressure beyond anything I'd ever known before and since.

Well it is Friday at about 4pm. Today my college friend suggested that I owe myself a nice tea after Tuesday's defeat.

Usually I am not one to do something nice for myself, if it isn't really something nice for others too. But this idea was too good to turn down.

Today I woke up to the horrid noise of the dog upchucking, then I spent over 2 hours on a loud yellow bus full of excited 4th graders. The museum was great... but there was a lot of construction on those curved hilly roads and I was afraid I was going to be like the dog... safely at home I cleaned closets and found 37 pairs of pants/shorts to contribute to a school drive. (Can you believe I had that many pairs lying around?!).  And now is the lull before the storm - lull indeed, both kids have a friend over - tonight is "Fun night" at my daughter's school and I said I would help out.

I'd say "calgon bath take me away..." except that I'd have to clean the tub first. Too much like hard work.

But tea? That I can manage. Tea and knitting on the sofa. No one else drinks tea here, so it is truly a treat JUST FOR ME!

After my cup of lemon loveliness, I will make an easy dinner (Wegman's lasagna, pull of the plastic, put in the oven and eat!) and although it is a busy busy weekend, complete with a 7:30am soccer practice/tournament and another away game on Sunday, I will start it with a bit of relaxation. Thanks for the card and idea, my friend. It's good to know we are still close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...