new opportunities

Just got back from meeting two friends (separately). I have been thinking after one coffee with B that I am seeing this life I have all wrong. It isn't about choosing between things (stay home OR work OR run for the board of ed OR actively volunteer) it is about picking what I want (stay home and work, etc.).

Our coffee also became a political discussion. B literally knows EVERYONE! It's amazing. She knows three of my former bosses (and has a similar opinion on at least one of them), she knows most of the major political players and their staffers in Trenton, she knows tons of pharma people, including execs, and she keeps them all straight. She has a head on her shoulders and was all around very impressive and funny. I left with completely thoughts about the election.

After 90 minutes sipping my half-caff, skinny, pumpkin spice latte I feel rejuvenated and ready to take on any and all activities...

or maybe it is that the sun is shining brightly and after coffee I spent an hour helping another friend (L)?

Tonight: a lecture at the local community college and I am playing late-night volleyball (9pm) with my budd'.

I'm like a t-shirt slogan. Life is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...