What a way to spend an evening!

Last night I missed the big budget "meeting of the year" at the Board of Ed. They are talking about cutting the AI-program in the 5th and 6th grades and increasing offerings in e-programs. I've blogged about both of these programs on a number of occasions - in fact it is how I started to blog in the first place.

Normally I would have itched to go to such a contentious meeting where I would have happily taken the podium to add my 2 cents worth.

Last night I got home at 8:15pm from driving the Tae Kwon-Do carpool, I served dinner that was heating (only slightly burned) in the oven, put on my PJs, opened a Sam Adams and flipped between a LOST rerun, The Biggest Loser & Deal or No Deal.


I have strong opinions about the AI and e-programs! I have waited my turn to speak about them at the BOE on a number of occasions. But you know what - I'm happy that I stayed home. If you read yesterday's blog, I was tired and grumpy in the morning. Staying up until past midnight to hear tons of AI parents speak in favor of, and many speak against AI was just not the best use of yesterday's last nerves.

My opinions are just as strong as last year. Luckily I'm learning that sometimes its OK to stay home and let someone else take a stand.

This morning I spent time with someone who went last night (she left at 12:15 am and the meeting wasn't even over!). She looked exhausted.

I felt refreshed after bad tv and a good night's sleep.

It's OK NOT to do the right thing (like attend an important meeting) sometimes and CHOSE to do the wrong thing (wasting time in front of the TV when I could have been doing one of 100 other useful things).

And besides... Sawyer is easy on the eyes! (And I am guessing T would say the same thing about Kate).  Would you rather spend the evening with










OR












Did I make the right choice? You decide!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...