Ambivalent Celebrant Part Two

Rarely do I delete a post. I can think of only three posts I've deleted out of the hundreds I've written, but Ambivalent Celebrant is now the 4th lost to cyberspace's netherworld.

In it I sounded like a sour-puss and a spoiled child. Lamenting that because they are all sleeping, my kids and husband probably think I'm a terrible mom. After it's short-lived publication, I took the dog for a run and cleared my head. Maybe it's the fresh air, the sun, or even the endorphins, I realize that mine was misplaced anger and I am a fortunate woman. My children love me, they care about me - and they even look like me!

As I ran, I thought about El and her daughter, L who is spending her first Mother's Day without her mother. Not what you want for a 12 year old. I also thought of El's Mom, who is spending her first mother's day without her special daughter.  Who gives a damn what I do today! Sleep til 6pm, I don't care. I have a wonderful family and we are healthy and happy and together.

N was in tears when he woke up (as I was leaving with Diego). He hadn't planned anything. I assured him it wasn't too late and I loved him no matter what, but he still felt bad. Me going for a run was a chance for him too - he wanted to make something for me. No help from his teachers, from his dad or from me.

When I got back I found that C had made me a card thanking me for all I do- and the oven is on... It's hard not to go and see what is in it. I'll know in 14 minutes.

Yesterday I got a letter from BRRSD that my son had made it into E-Science. He is finally getting validation of his scientific mind. What more could a Mom want on Mother's Day weekend?  Well, one thing this mom needs is a shower and a stretch.... otherwise NO ONE will want to spend the day with sweaty, smelly me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...