Literary discovery

Being that I wasn't working, I spent most of the day reading a book that my daughter's fabulous LAL teacher suggested. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt is a woman's book. By a woman, about women (almost like the feminist literature I read in college, men are are background fixtures) and each character radiates a mixture of femininity and strength. I can't put it down!

I've also been "coked up on Facebook". One of the topics that I read last night by my uber-talented friend, was reposted by another smart Chiquita. Both criticized a Nobel Laureate who claimed that his writing is superior to all women, and that you can tell a women's writing by it's sentimental content.

I read several rebuttals... NPR wrote one here. The New York Times had several comments on several blogs. I liked this one (and it's short!). You can spend hours sucked into the web's vortex if you wish.

The title of my blog gives away my sex even if my voice doesn't, but it should. I'm proud of the woman I am. I took the Guardian test to see if you can guess if something was written by a man or a woman. I got 3 out of 10 correct.

So I'll end with something else I found on the net: a list of 250 books I found on a website. http://www.joylandmagazine.com/brian/blog/250_books_women_all_men_should_read "Books written by women that every man should read". Guess what - there are a lot of titles on there that are new to me. I need to get reading. But first things first... back to CeeCee Honeycutt. Nothing like an English teacher who can inspires our children (and their parents) to read! I've never been one to burn books - but if I were, I know whose books I'd put onto the fire first!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...