Feeling very trendy!


I'm feeling very trendy this week.

I lost my job on Tuesday with one hour's notice. So I'm back to my former position of "stay at home Mom and freelance writer."

I've been reciting all the standard lines this week:
"Everything happens for a reason"
"Something better's on it's way"
"It is what it is"

I haven't blogged much about my job because, although this is a nameless blog, I understand someone may recognize my employer. I will share that I found the environment most stressful.

So it's a mixed blessing. We got used to the income. I was just getting used to the balancing act, albeit I hadn't mastered it.

But I have to admit, I am pretty happy right now. It's late morning, I'm in my PJ's drinking my coffee, listening to NPR and not stressing about ANYTHING. I hope that I can channel this positive feeling into being a more put-together Mom for my kids. I said to C that I would be less stressed now, but she just shrugged. The lovely Miss Teacher says "Children may not remember what you've said, but they will always remember how you made them feel."

Every day is a new chance to act on that! With less stress in my life, I hope I can live a more peaceful existence. And next week find a less stressful job. Even though my ex-employer didn't give me any time, I'm giving myself a week. It's easy to fall back into my old routine - working out, lunch with friends and taking some time for myself and my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...