Saying no is hard to do

Now that I'm not employed again and back in the volunteer's life...

Someone wants me to do something I don't want to do.

Lots of people ask me to do things I want to do, but only sorta.

How can I get myself motivated enough to give a straight no to the first category, and to go from YES! to maybe, let me think about it in the second category. Why can't I say no to them either? Is it a self-esteem thing? I want people to like me and am afraid they won't if I say no? Or is it the eternal guilt thing?

Also, is it right to force C to continue with girl scouts next year? I think it is a fabulous organization and I really, really love leading her troop. We went through this before. She wanted to quit a few years ago, and then MR stepped up to co-lead (for which I am ever grateful) and C stayed on. I want C to continue! We don't go to church, so it is important that she perform some service to the community.

Is it morally right to force her to do something she says she doesn't want to do when I'm too much of a wimp to say no to those who want me to do things I don't want to do? Why can't I say Yes to C and No to S?

What's up with that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...