Parenting for Dummies???


I blinked an a week has gone by.

Last week was very busy and a fun week, then the weekend was sleepovers, taekwondo classes and probably the final trip to The Crayola Factory. I took N, bff T and mom SM. It was a lovely day, but, alas, they are getting a bit big for it.

C had a soccer practice and complained about pain in her foot. She hurt herself doing TKD in December, but after a couple of weeks break (the TKD school closed over Christmas and she was, of course, off from gym) she seemed much better. We even went skiing one day. It didn't seem broken at the time, but now I am wondering if maybe I should have had it looked at. My Dad, a doctor (retired) thought it was no big deal at the time. My mother-in-law (who was pretty shocked by the intensity of sparring) didn't even push me, so I thought I made the right choice.

Figures - all the hundreds of copays I've spent only to be told "it's a virus" or "give her a few days and she'll be like new" - the one time I think I won't be an over protective mother hen and forgo a Dr. visit - she is still bothered by it nearly 3 months later.

C is really fighting me about getting it looked at (and there is nothing to see, no swelling, no pain with normal activity), but if after 1 soccer practice she is limping, what will she do when we are back to 7 hours of soccer (practice plus games) per week?

Where's that manual???? By the way, she was fine both yesterday and today. "Like new," I'd say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...