St. Patty's Day morning greens

My daughter C took my son N's green sweatpants to wear this morning. Without asking. She found them in the dryer.

I made her take them off and return them to her brother, apologize to him and gave her "the world doesn't revolve around you" lecture. We then found not one, but two clean green Abercrombie shirts. She didn't wear them - a snub to Mom. We also spray-painted her hair green, now I have to wash the floor, the counter in the bathroom and the mirror. T asked why I didn't make her clean these things up? I don't have a good answer. Every day is a new lecture and I was still on my rant about the clothes, we didn't have time for the floor. Every day there is a new thing to yell at the kids about.

I want to wake up and be nice to my kids. I want my kids to respect and love me.

Instead I am the mean, psycho mom that everyone hates. Kids tolerate me only because I let them have sleepovers every weekend, I take them shopping and make them pancakes when they sleep over. When did I turn into this nagging monster? I've become (like the person I'm so mad at - see yesterday's blog) - angry for no apparent reason and almost abusive to the kids. If you read this because you are the parent of one of my kids' friends, ask your kid their impression of me. I'm sure they'll call me mean.

How do I break this vicious cycle of psycho-Mom? I'm feeling so bad that I don't even have the energy to make myself coffee. What a shitty start to the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...