Monday morning blues

The musical background for today's blog can be played while you read. Click here.

Had an argument with a man in my life who makes it so miserable. No, not my husband, father or son (cross out also: relative of any sort, neighbor, mailman, den leader, dentist or "pure evil" (see previous blogs), nor am I having an extra-marital affair, and if I were ever tempted, he'd be lowest on the list of potential lovers, for those who are wondering!). We are not in the same social circle, nor do we have kids who are friends, but he still has a huge influence over my life.

But he is a jerk. Everyone knows it. We had yet another falling out yesterday over a stupid, minimal misunderstanding about a meeting place for my daughter's activity. 24 hours later and I'm still reliving the argument in my head.

I shouldn't let it get to me. My Mom's favorite expression was "Don't let the bastards get you down". Did I learn nothing from her????

In the end I am just as mad at me. Why can't I just call him a prick to his face? By not standing up to him, what kind of message am I sending my kids?

So this morning, I am avoiding him. Instead of going where I'd have to deal with his crap, I am cleaning the kitchen. Purging papers, washing dishes, finding counter tops. It's therapeutic.

After venting for nearly an hour to an understanding (not to mention patient) friend and writing today's blog, I feel better and can get back to my soon to be clean house.

This is the kind of music I clean to: A strong female voice. Back to more cleaning music...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...