Power hungry?

It's Saturday and you'll find Bridgewater's reluctant Cheer Mom (aka Bridgewater Soccer Mom) outside trimming bushes with her mini chain-saw. It's scary power! Don't mess with me today... but at the same time visions of a fingerless me heading to an ER keep me from really going wild.

Middle School placement letters came today. So far C has not been placed on a team with many of her friends. We're still waiting to see who else she'll be with, but like a TV series in it's 2nd and 3rd season, we're likely to find a new cast of characters in the fall Middle School friend line-up. I hope I'll like the new friends better than I like this season's characters on True Blood. Make new friends but keep the old? Not this skeptical Mom. I assume all new friends are prostitutes and drug addicts until proven innocent??? I'm kidding, of course! Joking aside, I like her old friends just fine, and to be honest, I met some of my very best friends in "junior high" (aka middle school).

A friend I trust likes C's new math teacher. That's good news. I just got a text - someone else said C's language arts teacher is "the only teacher who ever taught her daughter grammar". A good teacher is like winning the lottery! That's music to this Soccer Mom's ears!!! 

Back to the yard. Clean-up of the fallen pricker bushes. Maybe that's why this poor bush hasn't been trimmed in years! At least a wheel barrel is safer than a chain saw. When I really win the lottery, cutting bushes is definitely getting outsourced!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...