Like something out of a children's story

Mind map (done Sun pm)
Last night the DH and I discussed paying for college. I wanted to make an outline using mind mapping to see if I can make sense of my options and obligations, and the general big picture.  I still need to do this - plus exercise. I pulled a muscle and am not sure how I am going to stay on track for my half marathon in April... but where there's a will there's a way. And then... there's taxes. Just the word puts me in a cold sweat!

But instead of facing my demons, I spent the morning making coffee, listening to NPR and surfing the net and texting a friend.

Somehow I got the "brilliant idea" of trying out my new wax. If you know me in person, you probably have seen my goat beard from time to time. Something like a Ukrainian Grandmother. I saw a "natural" wax from a company at the mall last week and I bought myself a tub on sale. Guess why it's on sale? Because it will RUIN YOUR DAY!

In my test run I managed to get the wax stuck to everything! Both hands (I am sure there is residue on my laptop), on my chin and lip, of course. But then - it stuck to everything I touched. The sink bowl, the handles on the sink, the door knobs (3 between the downstairs bathroom, our bedroom and the master bath), the shower door handle, faucet, and I didn't dare use a towel (air drying was not fun)... The hot water just made the wax more gooey and didn't remove itself, even though I tried several kids of soaps. After the shower escapade, I tried to use paper towel, gauze, non-stick gauze, band-aids, medical tape, and a now-useless hand towel.

It was like the pink ring in The Cat in the Hat Comes Back.... "And I said, will this ever come off? I don't think!"

In the shower, I woke the husband with the choir of profanity.... F... F.... F... F'ing-F F F F.... (As my friend MR says "When I first met Bridgewater Soccer Mom I thought she had Tourette's!"). He told me to call the manufacturer.... but wait, gigispa.com doesn't give a phone number on its products OR on its website. So I blasted a scathing e-mail.

Fast forward an hour and a half, a bottle of nail polish remover, and a few tears, it seems to be mostly gone. (Both my skin on my hands and face are a bit red).

That's what I get for vanity. From now on I won't mind paying someone to remove the beard for me. Sometimes paying for something is better than DIY. My chin is still a bit sticky in places... and I don't dare try to start the cleaning of door knobs, etc. No knitting until the last of the stick is gone. :-(

Maybe the moral of the story is to turn off the computer, focus on the task at hand. And don't worry about a few whiskers. They aren't part of the big picture plan anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...