No good deed....

You know the saying:
Last week I treated myself to flowers

No good deed goes unpunished. It's one of my favorites and I use it often.

But this week it's quite the opposite. I'm suffering from NOT doing my good deeds for myself and others. I haven't cooked anything since Friday. I haven't exercised in a week. Instead of helping my son, I berated him for not having his homework organized. I drove my Dad home (who treated me to a FANTASTIC MEAL at Charlie's) but I didn't actually help him. Normally I clean out the fridge or organize something. This time? Nada.

I guess I have done "one good deed". I offered to be part of a committee. It's been a huge time commitment - and I have missed at least 2 meetings. No good deed goes unpunished: instead of catching up on my favorite shows, I'm trying to rid a presentation of passive sentences.... Why did I offer to do this???? I don't know, I guess I'm just a link in a chain....




I could break that chain, have a glass of wine and knit for a while. Tomorrow is a new day to run, to cook, to help the kids. Last week's flowers are withering. But tomorrow is a new day... it's up to me how I allocate my resources.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...