Hypothetical question doesn't require a decision

Someone asked me about why I would choose Bedminster over Bridgewater if we were to move. The answer is I don't know why. It seems like a private school, but without tuition.

I haven't been to one of their BOE meetings to see what issues they face and I haven't researched their test scores. One of my friends has the option to send his kids there and his kids don't attend Bedminster school. When I was working, one of my co-workers sang Bedminster's praises, but it was in a lot of ways the same sort of thing you hear at my own childrens' schools.

Ridge sounds like a much smaller high school, where there is less competition for sports teams, AP classes and other opportunties if you compare the number of kids and the amount of things offered. I also like that they offer the International Baccalaureate. I didn't know public US high schools offered that.

Like much of what I say in my blogs, my opinion is not based on a scientific comparison, but a gut feeling.

On the flip side, Bridgewater seems to have a much greater diversity of its population than Bedminster does. I don't have stats on that either.

Decision making is not my strong suit. I call for a second opinion before deciding on dinner several days a week.

It would take a small volcanic eruption for me to actually make the decision to move the children to another district. But I wonder if we made a mistake moving to our house, in our neighborhood, in our school district? Don't worry - I wonder that about many aspects of my life... and I'm not making any huge changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...