Job opening...

This was in my e-mail this afternoon:


Dear Key Communicators,
The Board of Education and I would like you to know that Christine Schneider has resigned from her position on the Board due to personal reasons.  Christine served on the Board for over 3 years and made many outstanding contributions - her insights and leadership will be missed.
The Board is now seeking candidates to fill out Christine's position through April, 2010.  Please see the attachment for the application and process.  The Board will interview all qualified candidates at a Special Session open to the public on Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 8:00 PM, at the Wade Building.  Applications are due by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, October 14, 2010.
Sincerely,
Mike Schilder
Superintendent



I smell a story? Who quits the BOE mid-year??!!! Better question: WHY?


Just back from back to school night at C's school. Was NOT impressed by the Social Studies teacher who had success spelled in big capital letters as "SUCESS" on the board!!!!! Do I tell the principal? The math teacher apparently had a misspelled word on her board as well, but I didn't see it. Finally the LAL teacher (who otherwise made a very good impression) never mentioned grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. I asked her at the end of the presentation, and she said she did all of those things throughout the year, so I'll have to have a little faith. 



After hearing about the e-math program I feel like going to the BOE to ask "WTF" - it's kids teaching themselves with no explicit instruction whatsoever. The teacher reads the directions for the classwork and then has the student groups figure it out themselves with minimal help. I came out of there feeling very disillusioned.  C said, "Well, I can go during the last period of the day to ask for help, but you just can't ask her questions all the time." C said she doesn't teach, at all. She just mills around the room while the kids work it out but without being taught any lessons.



I think my new motto for BRRSD is "be careful what you wish for!" We finally got her into e-math and it's not at all what we wanted.


Comments

Jem said…
Hey, why don't YOU run? I'm just asking...

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...