Election day - April 2010

I voted at my son's primary school. I was glad to see a strong turnout, as it usually correlates with a yes vote.

Most of the day I've thought about the vote, and it's ramifications, but for an hour today I sat with my friend. She has advanced cancer and has had a rough week. We sat and talked on her porch, which overlooks beautifully green trees as far as the eye can see.

I came home remembering that the vote doesn't matter.


Love does. Hope matters. Trees do too.

Five years from now I won't remember this election. I will, however, remember the hour we spent on the porch overlooking our beautiful green acres.

Comments

Anonymous said…
BR Soccer Mom, I have recently discovered your blog and I am really enjoying it. I am also a BR Mom (formerly soccer, now dance and music).

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...