Unmotivated

In less than 4 months I'll be 40. My goal for weeks and years has been to reach my "ideal" weight - which for me means what I weighed before I had kids. A doctor may say that's it's less than that or not, but this is my blog, and my body, and my goal! Pre-C weight is it!

The problem is laziness and low effort on my part. I was only 6 pounds from my goal a few years ago. Now I am about 20 pounds away (save a pound or two I've been stable at my weight for about a year).

So why then, when I know the gym has a class that I like to take at noon am I sitting on my duff in the kitchen 25 minutes before it starts, still in my PJs? How come I am not outside taking the dog for a run or a walk? I now have 2 weddings to go to in the near future. Why am I not typing and stepping at the same time? And what did I eat for breakfast?

I spoke to my favorite bride-to-be today (yes, I mean my big sister) who asked why I'm not in publishing professionally - since she loves my Christmas cards every single year. I mumbled a lame excuse. It's the same with these last 20 pounds. Why not? No good answer there, either!

I can do this. It isn't a complicated thing! I even bought lots of new workout clothes when MIL was here last week.

But then again, let's face it... I'm a lot like the guy in blue in this video... food usually looks too good, no matter what form it takes! Off to Exerwise... wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...