Change of seasons

During the day yesterday it still felt like summer here and as I write this, the weather today looks just as promising. But last night at the football game where I watched C and her fellow cheerleaders strut their stuff, I could tell fall is here. Time to change the blog's template until the snow starts falling. One of my readers has said that she prefers to read dark text on a white background, but this fall I'm changing things up a bit. I hope she continues to read. If not, she should check again in December....

Also, I am changing the Poppet Jones' Diary section of my blog. It is not interesting to see my weight fluctuate between 5-7 pounds, sometimes a few up, sometimes a few down. Weight isn't my real goal, anyway. It's health. So in the name of positive feedback, I plan to keep a log of how much I'm shaking it.  Hopefully this will inspire readers to join me in my ever-pathetic fight to keep somewhat fit. There are plenty of better examples running around Bridgewater, but as far as I know they don't have blogs. I am using mapmyrun.com to keep me honest. It's on my phone and maps where I run or walk. It automatically updates a calendar. Who knew JJ and I walked nearly 5 miles the other day. Not bad, indeed! It was sunny and warm yesterday when I jogged for 4 miles! I'm really not much of an athlete. Lots of people I know are much better and in better shape, but I actually like it.  If only I ate like a runner.... I'd look like a runner too.

Today I plan to do the same thing with the house as I've done with my cyber-room: clean-up and bring in the fall colors. Pottery Barn's latest catalog sits on my kitchen table. Leafing through it (ha) made me realize that I have plenty of things in my own stash that I've grown to love. So I welcome you to stop by next week to see our bland colors alive with oranges, yellows, browns and forest greens accenting our home.

Comments

Poppet said…
I changed the blog as it was hard to read. Sometimes you have to fix things.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...