New Zumba Class in Bridgewater

(Written Saturday evening, posted Monday)

Ow! My butt hurts!
My stomach muscles are twinging
Don't ask about my thighs...  they are on strike...

And I haven't exercised since Friday morning!

But I feel GREAT!

On Friday I took my first Zumba class. Zumba - as far as this novice can tell- is basically shaking your bootie to a latin beat, a little belly dancing and some salsa-meringue-south of the border dance moves with a side of core training, now being offered at Bridgewater's newest dance school, The Lois Allen School of Dance. The ladies and I went on Friday morning and I'm hooked! Bring on next weeks class!

Dancer, owner and local Mom, Loralyn Gaughran makes it fun for everyone. I haven't ever done Zumba before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I can say that I'm in relatively good shape and was sweating after only 5 minutes! Although I felt a little silly at first, I really got into it and even began to shake my unwilling shoulders. Next time should be a bit easier.

I also can say that in all the classes I've taken through my adult years (various aerobics, step, kick boxing and strength training classes) Loralyn did the most thorough stretching at the end. I'm already looking forward to next week.

Congratulations, Loralyn on your new school! It's inspiring to see a friend's business expand and blossom.

If you can't wait, Loralyn is teaching a class Tuesday evening. Check the schedule for time and other details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...