Clean slate day!

It's the first day of school in Bridgewater.

With or without kids, I've always felt the first day of school is still an important event.  I loved the idea of a new outfit and new outlook. Everyone has the chance to make new friends, and learn something. There is no baggage, and the people you meet could make a huge impact on your life as a new mentor, or an arch enemy.

The air of opportunity is in the air. Can you sense it too? Maybe I just feel it by living vicariously through my kids. Maybe it's the impending change of seasons - well, it's still in the 80s today, so maybe that's not it. Maybe it's knowing that with every September everything starts over, yet somehow remains the same.

C had a good first day as a Middle Schooler. She described her teachers as nice but boring. Luckily she decided she won't need quite as much time in the morning. Her alarm went off at 5:30am - mine at 6am. The bus came at 6:55. Wow that was an early start.

I must check now. Where's my son, the 5th grader? He's walking home from school.*** I wish I could walk with him, but he's on his own with the neighborhood kids. Life goes on.



***Oh - there was a fire alarm that went off at his school just as buses were being loaded and now everyone has been held. N should have been home already and hasn't left yet. Guess I have to be patient and wait to hear how his day went.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...