always saying the wrong thing...

Earlier today I started to comment on facebook. Her status was "Stay-cation - pro or con"? I wrote something like staycation sucks for a stay-at-home Mom because it means more work. This friend writes the ambivalent womb blog.  I deleted it and changed it to a more appropriate comment about wanting more stamps in my passport (also true) - but for people who can't afford expensive vacations it would also be inappropriate.

I had lunch with a friend of mine who is not well. She said that the medicine she is on is causing weight loss... and just as my inappropriate mouth tends to do I said the wrong thing. I made a comment about how I wished I could lose weight... WTF is wrong with me.

My father outdid me. After lunch was over and we were in the parking lot, my friends were talking about how lots of people are praying for her. My father said, "Well, I believe in medicine!" (Followed by something supportive about chemotherapy).

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. At least when seek help for this affliction I can blame my parents... and will take the blame when my kids learn it too.

If only I could delete and edit in real life just like I can in Facebook! There's a lot of things I don't like about FB - but this is something I really like!!! On the other hand, as my FB comment would indicate - you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...