Big on intentions, slow on progress

I volunteer for a couple of organizations in a couple of capacities. One position is directly related to my former work, another is because no one else wanted to do it and I felt like I could do it.

Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with these jobs, and they are weighing on me like a house. One thing I started in November and dropped all together - the paperwork somewhere on the tower of papers on my desk - starting back up would require me to clear off my desk. In fact I am typing this on my laptop at the kitchen table since I have too much stuff cluttering the area where it lives.

Now it's a beautiful day. I have a meeting with the co-presidents of this organization at 1pm. Her e-mail said, "My blackberry says that we are meeting at 1pm on Thursday." I wanted to tell her blackberry that I don't feel like meeting, but I responded that I'd be there. That should give me plenty of time to finish what I should have done 3 weeks ago (3 months ago???) but here I sit typing my blog and trying to figure out how long it will take me to do the dishes, weed in the sun and go for a short run with the dog. Does that leave enough time? And even though I have showered already this morning, Blackberry-girl is big into hair, make-up and nails, so if I do any of the outdoor plans, I'll have to fit in a 2n shower and 10 minutes for my hair/make-up.

I can't wait for everything to wind down and I kiss this stuff good-bye until the fall.

T said this morning that he is looking forward to retiring and moving to Hawaii. I don't need to move that far. I just need to change my present where I say no to stuff like this. I've never been one to embrace the "just say no" culture. Yes, yes, yes, yes is what comes naturally to me.

Can I do the dishes, laundry, weed, run AND write the papers I need to bring for later today?

YES!

If I say that enough and finish this blog, then I might just be able to pull it all off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...