Sweating the small stuff

Well, my new leaf lasted about 2 days. On Wednesday I lost all patience over a lost shin guard. Typical me! Blasphemy and anger.

I sweated the small stuff. By Wednesday I couldn't help it! It's my own fault. We are overbooked. It's impossible not to sweat small stuff because life gets overwhelmed by it.

On Thursday, more small stuff, one time I was able to breathe in and out and not explode. Another time I yelled... but just a little.

Now it's Friday - I just got back from Philadelphia, the first of two trips I am chaperoning this month - and tomorrow I'm leading (with my faithful partner in crime, M) the girl scout troop's camping trip. Chance of showers all weekend... but I'm not going to sweat it! Will just have to follow the Scandinavian saying "there is no such thing as bad weather - just bad clothes".

It's the weekend and I must relax a bit. My body and soul crave it. So to treat myself, we're blowing off the evening's activities and I played solitaire for over an hour. I need to straighten up, but I need to lie around the house for a little while - even more.

If only I could...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...