Wednesday washing...

I just did something I almost never do: published a blog without editing it (see 5/24). I realized I hadn't published anything since Saturday and I wanted to get something up. Usually these things bite me in the butt...

Am back in the juxtaposition of my life: washing floors on my hands and knees while wondering about Obama's choice for Supreme Court, Sotomayor. (for any readers who are living on the moon: check out the New York Times as a NY native and judge from the area, I am sure it has more than enough information to keep you informed).

I'm thinking about a conversation I had with C yesterday in the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. I was blown away by the place - everything I loved to study in college all in a single building, but it was overcrowded hard for the kids to concentrate on the exhibit, so I'm definitely going back with the kids on another day. I told C that Pres. Obama is about to nominate someone to the Supreme Court, unbeknown to me that he would make the nomination that day. I explained that only 1 of the 9 members are a woman. What did she think about that? "Why should that matter?" A discussion is started. I look forward to further conversations.

In addition to cleaning, I'm singing to the music of my youth: Billy Joel, the Police, Cher, Les Miserables soundtrack, U2, The Cure. All on my iTunes playlist called "Cleaning Music". Some isn't from my childhood, but has a beat designed to get keep me moving.

"I'm a survivor (what),
I'm not gonna give up (what),
I'm not gon' stop (what),
I'm gonna work harder (what),
I'm a survivor (what),
I'm gonna make it (what),
I will survive (what),
Keep on survivin' (what)"

Ok, break's over, slacker!! Time to publish a 2nd unedited blog. I can edit the blog or clean 50 ft2 more of my house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...