Deep breath!

Over lunch I read about Everyday Math being reviewed in the Courier News. It's about time!

This started a discussion between four Moms at N's friend's party. While we talked some math, language arts became the hot topic.

Parent A has a kid who is dyslexic but she needed a lawyer to get reading help for her child.

Parent B (hostess) has been asking for answers about our apparent lack of a coherent spelling/word study program at board meetings for years. She asked the board where has the program Bridgewater uses been tested before and was met with blank stares. She went back a month later, repeating the question still with no answers. I think it is a valid question. Perhaps I will ask it sometime too! I think she called BW a guinea pig. Is it?

Parent C wants to know why the school district has no problem to call her for permission to test her older A-student daughter for the e-program, while she can't get her younger son tested for dyslexia for love nor money. I believe she got two numbers: my friend Anne's (who tutors dyslexic kids) and the aforementioned lawyer.

Parent D (Poppet) was complaining about her usual BRRSD issues.

I would have complained even more but my stomach is bothering me. Not sure if it is acido from the school system or the spicy Asian food I tried last night. So ladies, if you are reading this, forgive my abrupt departure.

How come whenever I meet parents here in Bridgewater they always have concrete issues with our school district?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm voting for Christine Chen for NJ Senate tomorrow

Mama L's Tootsie Hangover

Fool Me Once...